REVISIT-US: Real World Evidence of Stroke Prevention in Patients with Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation in the United States
- Little data exists regarding the effectiveness and safety of Xarelto® versus warfarin in non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF ) patients treated outside of clinical trials1
- Affirm the effectiveness and safety of previously OAC treatment naïve, newly initiated factor Xa inhibition with Xarelto compared with warfarin in NVAF patients using data from a large, US administrative claims database1
- REVISIT-US was a retrospective administrative claims database study using US Truven MarketScan with data spanning from January 2012 to October 20141
- Combination of ischaemic stroke or ICH
- Xarelto was associated with less ICH than warfarin
- Xarelto may be associated with reductions in the combined end point
NVAF , non-valvular atrial fibrillation; OAC , oral anticoagulant ; ICH , intracranial haemorrhage; NOAC, non-vitamin K agonist oral anticoagulant. Results are not intended for direct comparison between NOACs but between each NOAC and warfarin.