RECORD1, 2, 3 and 4 study results
The RECORD programme: effective venous thromboembolism prevention with rivaroxaban in over 12,500 orthopaedic surgery patients
Rivaroxaban regimens were significantly superior for the prevention of venous thromboembolism
(VTE) after total hip replacement (RECORD1 and 2) and total knee replacement (RECORD3 and 4) in adult patients, with a similar safety profile to enoxaparin regimens.2, 3, 4, 69
The RECORD programme included a broad range of patients
Patients were well matched between the rivaroxaban and enoxaparin groups, with similar demographic and clinical characteristics. The broad range of patients included in the RECORD programme reflected the patient population routinely seen in clinical practice.59
- 2 - Eriksson BI, Borris LC, Friedman RJ, et al; RECORD1 Study Group. Rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after hip arthroplasty. N Engl J Med. 2008;358(26):2765-2775.
- 3 - Kakkar AK, Brenner B, Dahl OE, et al; RECORD2 Investigators. Extended duration rivaroxaban versus short-term enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip arthroplasty: a double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2008;372(9632):31-39.
- 4 - Lassen MR, Ageno W, Borris LC, et al; RECORD3 Investigators. Rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after total knee arthroplasty. N Engl J Med. 2008;358(26):2776-2786.
- 69 - Turpie AGG, Lassen MR, Davidson BL, et al; RECORD4 Investigators. Rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after total knee arthroplasty (RECORD4): a randomised trial. Lancet. 2009;373(9676):1673-1680
- 59 - House of Commons Health Committee. The prevention of venous thromboembolism in hospitalised patients. Available at http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200405/cmselect/cmhealth/99/99.pdf
- Venous thromboembolism
- A disease process beginning with a blood clot occurring within the venous system, including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.